TVS 034 – Investing in Royalties from Music Artists (Royalty Exchange)
Really excited for this episode as we explore a completely new investment vehicle, investing in royalties from music artists! I bring on Jeff Schneider, the CFO from Royalty Exchange , to share his path to becoming a CFO and insights into how the investment structure at Royalty Exchange works. Some of the artists that have used Royalty Exchange as a platform have included the artist who created the theme song for Dora the Explorer, music for Dumb and Dumber, and a Barry White Song!
- Jeff’s experience going directly from undergrad to MBA without any work experience
- Interviewing for jobs when you have less experience
- What he changed from going from no job offers to four job offers
- What it was like working with James Altucher (one of the people who inspired me to create a podcast!)!
- Jeff’s experience helping create “Early to Rise”
- Helping people live better and more intentional lives
- How Jeff has deleted all social media off of his mobile device
- How did all of Jeff’s experience culminate into the CFO role at Royalty Exchange
- What is Royalty Exchange? (10:36min)
- Alternative Asset Marketplace
- How Royalty Exchange helps fund artist’s careers
- How to do your due diligence before investing into the catalog of royalties
- Does emotional ties to the music skew investment decisions
- How someone purchased the theme song to Dora the explorer!
- What are the economics of investing on the Royalty Exchange platform?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid