TVS 010 – IB Recruiting Part II – Behavorials
Welcome to Part II of the Investment Banking Recruiting series. Today, we are talking about behavorial questions which are arguably more important than technicals. We also touch briefly on networking as I did not cover this subject as much in the first IB Recruiting Episode.
- Make sure to have a theme or message you want to convey across in the interview
- Prepare every line item on your resume so you can speak extensively to it
- Questions, answers, and why they are asking them
- Walk me through your resume, give me your background
- Why do you want to work at X investment bank
- Why do you want to work in investment banking
- Are you interviewing only with investment banks, or also consulting and other firms?
- Tell me about a time you had a conflict on a team and how did you resolve it?
- Tell me about a time you went against the grain or challenged the status quo
- Tell me about your greatest accomplishment
- Tell me your strengths and weaknesses
- Tell me about a time that you failed
- What do you do for fun?
- Ethical questions
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1