TVS 055 – Poker and Investing
Today, we are going to talk about one of my favorite hobbies, Poker!, and how that relates to investing and finance. I’ve recently been watching a lot of poker online as well as reading Phil Hellmuth’s autobiography, Poker Brat, which gives a great insight into how Phil got so good at poker, and some of the risks he had to take to where got today. Today’s episode I will briefly go over one of the most famous types of poker games, Texas Hold’em, and then talk about what I think are transferable skills between playing poker and investing! I hope that you all enjoy!
- How to play Texas Hold’em
- Why Poker is not just about probability and statistics, and how it’s just as much about strategy and psychology
- Why it’s fascinating to play poker with your friends and to see how they react under pressure
- Skills that are transferable from Poker to Investing
- Managing your bank roll
- Making good decisions with incomplete information
- Managing your emotions (going on “Tilt” in poker)
- Why you and your friends should play games of poker!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid