TVS 049 – Thoughts after a life-changing paralyzing accident from a Thiel Fellow and Shark Tank Alum (Anthony Zhang)
I’m so excited to present this episode with, Anthony Zhang, who was the founder of EnvoyNow, a USC food delivery application. I first read about Anthony’s story in Fortune, where Anthony was a Thiel Fellow, Shark Tank Alum, in 500 Startups but went through a traumatic accident that left him paralyzed from the neck down… Anthony has been doing a lot better since, and managed to sell his start-up while going through hours of physical therapy a day. His grit and passion is to say the least inspiring, and I hope that you enjoy the episode.
- Could you please give a brief background of yourself?
- What made you decide to start EnvoyNow instead of pursuing investment banking or consulting?
- What was it like to pitch Mark Cuban at USC for Shark Tank?
- When did you know that you were going to win the Thiel fellowship?
- How does the Thiel Fellowship work?
- Transitioning to your accident, could you touch upon what happened, your thoughts, and what helped you persevere and get through the difficult times?
- What gave you motivation to recover, any support systems you relied on, I’m curious what people strive towards or rely on during times of great difficulty?
- How long did it take you to get better?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid