TVS 046 – Trading Gold and Silver (with Peter Hug)
Today’s episode is on trading precious metals, specifically gold and silver! I’ve always been interested in learning about what drives the prices of gold and silver and how to add it to my portfolio. This episode was extremely informative for me and hope it is for you as well. I had the pleasure of interviewing Peter Hug from Kitco, who has been trading since the 70’s!
- What is your background, and how long have you been trading precious metals?
- Is it correct to think of gold and silver as hedges to the equities market, when stocks go up, gold goes down and vice versa?
- How does one begin to learn or gain experience in trading precious metals?
- What are the main drivers and levers of precious metals like gold and silver?
- Precious metals are primarily driven by US factors
- How should a 25 year old think about investing in gold, what percent of the portfolio should it make up of the total?
- Is gold a good long-term investment or is it better suited for hedging?
- Are you able to short gold?
- What do you forecast will happen to gold for the next 3-5 years?
- How will the Trump administration impact gold?
- Tell me more about Kitco and what you do there?
- What’s one piece of advice that you would leave my listeners with?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid