TVS 042 – Shasta Ventures with Jacob Mullins
We have a great interview for you guys today with Jacob Mullins from Shasta Ventures! Jacob has a strong entrepreneurial background and has founded multiple companies before he joined and rejoined Shasta Ventures where he now focuses on emerging technologies and trends. In this interview, we cover Jacob’s entrepreneurial pursuits like founding a CPG company, being the 2nd employee of VentureBeat, and starting ExitRound (a marketplace for M&A). Hope you all enjoy!
- What is your background and how did you end up at Shasta Ventures?
- Talk a little about your entrepreneurial background when you were in college selling plant supplements
- What were the major challenges that you found working on a CPG startup company?
- CPG space is one of the most competitive markets out there
- Merging his company into a public shell (reverse IPO)
- Working at Microsoft and VentureBeat and leaving the CPG space
- Starting ExitRound – a marketplace for buyers and sellers of companies
- A dating site for buyers and sellers to find each other 🙂
- 80% of M&A deals coming under $100mm, which bankers don’t focus on
- What was it like being the 2nd employee of VentureBeat?
- Being the first business manager focusing on building revenue for the blog
- The competitiveness of the technology blogging space
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid