TVS 041 – Aswath Damodaran (NYU Finance Valuation Expert) Part II
We continue our conversation with Aswath Damodaran where we dive into the technology industry, great books to get read if you want to learn about finance, and Aswath’s thoughts on the market. I hope you enjoy!
- What are your thoughts on growth stocks particularly in the technology industry?
- Even though it feels like that now, all companies at one point were like tech companies
- Tech companies can just do it much more quickly – they live in dog years
- What do you think of companies valuing themselves off of users or clicks?
- What are your thoughts on technology companies potentially never making money?
- Have you considered going into the hedge fund industry?
- What are some of the biggest things that you learned from your students?
- What should students be reading to better understand finance?
- Do you think we are currently in a bubble?
- What are your thoughts on dcf vs. comps?
- What are other ways to calculate intrinsic value?
- Is there an advantage to playing the pricing game vs. the valuation game?
- What are your hobbies outside of teaching and valuation?
- Do you think there is a lack of transparency in finance today?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid