TVS 038 – Patrick Curtis (Founder of Wall Street Oasis) Part I
Today we have on a very special guest, Patrick Curtis, who is the founder of WallStreetOasis.com! I met Patrick a few months ago and we’ve stayed in touch and gotten drinks a couple times, but thought he would be incredibly interesting to bring on the podcast given his experience working in finance and starting his own company. Hope you enjoy the conversation!
- Tell me a bit about your background
- Williams College
- Wharton Undergrad
- Rothschild Investment Banking
- TailWind Capital
- Going from a Yoga Studio to Investment Banking
- Competitiveness of Investment Banking Internships nowadays
- How the banking culture was in 2002 after 9/11 and the dot com bubble crash compared to today
- What it was like transitioning from Banking to Private Equity
- Getting fired from your first private equity job and the lessons Patrick learned
- How did you start Wall Street Oasis and what were some of the roadblocks that you faced initially?
- Technical challenges
- Working with developers
- What was the decision to go to Wharton to get your MBA? How did that affect Wall Street Oasis?
- Party, Travel, Wall Street Oasis (PTW)
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at alan@the vampiresquid.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid