TVS 020 – Venture Capital with Charlie O’Donnell Part I
For the 20th episode of The Vampire Squid, we had to bring on a very special guest. Please welcome Charlie O’Donnell! Charlie is the founder of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures, the first analyst at Union Square Ventures, writer of one of the most popular VC blogs This is Going to be Big, and I could go on and on. This was one of the most fun and informative interviews that I have conducted and Charlie is extremely funny, insightful, in-depth, and down to earth as he shares his experience and learnings with all of us.
- What was the decision making process of majoring in Finance, and then going to work at GM?
- How did you transition from GM to Union Square Ventures and how did you meet Fred Wilson?
- Since they were only a 2 – person fund, how did you evaluate making the decision to join Union Square Ventures?
- What was the biggest takeaway from your two years at Union Square Ventures, what did you learn?
- How Charlie has helped build the New York tech community (blog, host dinners, events)
- How was doing the entrepreneurship route, starting your company Path 101?
- What advice do you have for people in finance going into entrepreneurship?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at email@example.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1. To support us check us out at Patreon https://www.patreon.com/thevampiresquid