TVS 012 – Private Equity
Welcome back! As many of you know starting today, we will be releasing one episode per week on Sundays. First day of work tomorrow!
Today we have a very special guest, Shaun Mehra. Shaun worked as a private equity analyst at Silver Lake Partners, a large cap private equity fund focused on technology investments. We go over Shaun’s day to day, investment thesis, and advice to break into the industry. Very fun episode, hope you enjoy!
- What’s your background story?
- Before Silver Lake Partners, what were your thoughts on our summer at GS?
- How was it helpful to your time at Silver Lake Partners?
- What does Silver Lake Partners do? What’s the high level overview?
- How did you get the job? What was the interview process like?
- What do you do on a day to day basis? From when you wake up to sleep?
- Walk me through your investment thought process.
- What skills have you acquired since working for Silver Lake Partners?
- What advice do you have for kids that are looking to break into private equity?
- Fun Questions
- What is your favorite book that you’ve read and why?
- Favorite restaurant in the city
- How do you stay motivated, or what motivates you?
- How can we improve on increasing transparency in finance?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid. Also follow me on Quora at https://www.quora.com/profile/Alan-Li-1