TVS 009 – IB Recruiting Part I – Overview
Finally got around to jotting down some notes for the investment banking recruiting process that is up and coming for many of you! This series will be broken up into three parts: the overview, behavorials, and technicals, as it was too much to jam into one episode.
- Investment Banking Timeline
- New Goldman initiative for first round video interviews
- Investment Banking Information Sessions
- To go or not to go
- Resume Screens
- Who screens your resumes?
- What do they look for?
- First Round Interviews
- Dress Code
- Picking interview time slots
- What are they looking for?
- Final Round Interviews (Superdays)
- How many interviews do you have?
- What to do if you are interviewing with a partner
- Tips I wish I knew
- Exploding Offers
- Random questions like, “Tell me your favorite joke”, “What do you do better than 99% of the world?” etc.
- Videotaping yourself for practice
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at email@example.com or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid