TVS 008 – Slack – Technology Startups
One of my best friends since college, today, we bring on Trevor Shih, the first junior business operations hire at Slack to share his experience at Goldman and his transition to high growth technology startups. This episode is great for anyone interested in both finance and technology, especially from the business side.
- How was your experience at Goldman, what were your highlights?
- What does Slack do?
- How fast has Slack been growing?
- Is Slack trying to kill email?
- What is the mission of Slack?
- How is the interview process?
- How many rounds of interviews
- What do you do on a day to day basis?
- What type of tools do you use?
- What do you think of the technology bubble?
- What are the perks of working at Slack?
- Treadmill desk
- How should applicants prepare to get into high growth technology startups like Slack?
- What is going on with the Slack Fund?
- Fun Questions
- Are you superstitious and if so, what is your superstition?
- What do you think of Marshawn Lynch?
- Did you have an oddjob in high school?
- Favorite restaurant in the city
- How do you stay motivated?
- How can we improve transparency in finance?
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the contact form. Also, please subscribe to my facebook page for live updates facebook.com/thevampiresquid