TVS 003 – Initial Public Offerings
Welcome back to another episode of The Vampire Squid! Today, we will be talking about Initial Public Offerings (IPO’s). This is an episode that gives an inside look as to how private companies, investment banks, and lawyers work together to go through this long and arduous process going from private to public.
- IPO Overview
- What are the reasons that a company would want to go through an IPO?
- Steps for an IPO from start to finish
- Bakeoff (usually no pastries….)
- S-1 Drafting process
- Pricing IPO for institutional investors
- Opening the stock and ringing the bell on first day of public trading
- What is a “successful” vs. a “botched” IPO
- Recent and notable IPO’s in the past
As always, please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the contact form.